Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Smells like Chocolate!

I don't intend to use the prompts for the rest of my blogging career (or hobby?) however, until my creative juices start flowing, I'm going to use them.

Honesty time: I was going to make brownies tonight anyway.

That being said, one of my favorite autumn scents is baking. Maybe it falls into the whole Thanksgiving thing or maybe it's because my Great-Grandma, Delaina, was a baking fiend around the holidays. I'm not sure. So, here we go.

Tina's (that's me) Fabulous Chocolate Brownie Recipe Passed Down for Generations
AKA The Recipe Inside the Bakers Chocolate Box 
(with Pictures!)


First of all, you'll need four squares of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate


Add astickandahalfofbutter... Try as I might, there's no nice way to say 1 1/2 sticks of butter... 
Melt it all together until...


It's lovely, gooey deliciousness...
Then you'll need all of this...


Some facts about me:
1. I am a flour snob. If I'm baking a cake or brownies, I want cake flour
2. I live in Arizona, it's real Mexican Vanilla for me. I accept no substitutions
3. I had to use white eggs because my foster dog killed my chickens today


Next you'll add just a little bit of sugar.... say 2 cups...


Then 3 eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla. I always add a splash extra. 


A cup of my snobby white flour and mix it up. I usually fold it in. But I admitted to my snobbishness already. 



Pour it into a 13x9" pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes (or 28 minutes in a convection oven)



And TA-DA!! Brownies. However, they don't exactly scream fall or autumn, so....


I added sprinkles!! 

I know what you're thinking. I am a domestic goddess. 





No comments:

Post a Comment